top of page

MOBILE TOUR GUIDE

GROTTO OF LOURDES

445F973C-2146-4F4F-8D7D-2B82A41498DD_edited.jpg

Following the healing in Lourdes in 1923 of Lucie Caron, a young girl from Wirwignes, a grotto in Lourdes was built and consecrated in 1928 in place of the chapel of the Virgin Mary built by Abbé Lecoutre.

 

This chapel had two bays and its altar was reinstalled in the grotto of Lourdes. This reinforced cement grotto almost completely covers the painted decoration and the marble mosaics that decorated Abbé Lecoutre's chapel.

bottom of page